Still trying to get the hang of this blogging thing cos damn, it’s been almost a decade y’all. I think things get a bit tricky once you start prioritizing the ‘blogging’ part over the writing part.
The difference being, in my opinion, is that one is done for an audience and the other is done for the self. Not that either is better than the other, just different. And maybe it’s a lazy distinction, and maybe it’s just my way of shedding accountability for what I write, and maybe I’ll get to that later on. But for now, I just don’t want to think of that.
For now, here’s 10 Happy Things:
1. The weekends make me happy, not only cos there’s no work but because my Saturday rituals are something I live for. I can honestly say they bring me unadulterated joy and I feel a little lost without them. On Saturdays, I wake up obnoxiously early, which for me is around 6 am. I work out, have a slow breakfast with some coffee, then head to Salcedo Market to meet my dad. Afterwards we head to my parents’ home in Merville for lunch. It’s a simple ritual but it really means the world to me.
2. I have a new cactus (the one on the far right.) I haven’t named him yet. One of my co-workers got him at an event and since no one at the office wanted to take him, I did. So happy about my ever-growing plant family!
3. My mom is making lasagna for Saturday family lunch and I’m extremely excited about it. I’ve been craving lasagna for a few weeks now ever since we did the Lasagna Battle over at Juice. My mom hasn’t made it since we were living in the States so this is a big deal. (No pressure, Ma!)
4. Joff made some Hijacked Biscoff cookies this morning and they are a-mah-zing. Seriously.
5. Our cleaning lady came today and now I don’t throw up in my mouth every time I walk into the bathroom anymore! (Just kidding, I still do.)
6. I’ve made lemongrass sausages twice in two weeks and it’s been really delicious both times! So easy and good. Here’s the recipe I use.
7. The weather these past few days has been dreamy. Yesterday, I woke up at 5:30 am and saw the sun rising behind the buildings in Rockwell. The light peaked through the window; it was the most gorgeous hue of pink and orange and it gave me this weird feeling like life might actually be worth living. (Which quickly dissipated as soon as I got on the road.)
8. Work has been good lately. It hasn’t been too intense and I’ve been able to concentrate on doing things well instead of just getting them done; that’s important, I think.
9. Made my third delivery to Connie’s Kitchen this week! Apparently, their regular customers have really been enjoying it and want more. V V happy about that.
10. I’m in the middle of a serious granny phase where I don’t go out, drink, or socialize much. Currently, I’m about 3 or 4 months deep. It’s been awesome but I think it’s time I crawled out of my cave for a bit. Gonna have a few drinks with G, V, and J tonight at Crying Tiger. Looking forward to it.
That’s it! Let me leave you with the cutest demon baby ever.
A word to the wise, maybe don’t get a 4D sonogram?